Frequently Asked Questions
What vaccinations are required for my dog in order for them to stay?
We require up to date vaccinations.
- ie: Rabies, Distemper/Parvo and Bordetella (kennel cough).
Is there an extra cost for walking my dog, playtime in the park or administering medication?
- At present there is no extra charge for giving medication to your pet, playtime or walking your dog.
Do you accept Titers? (Titer is a laboratory test measuring the existence and level of antibodies to disease in blood)
- Yes we do accept Titers for Rabies and Distemper/Parvo
- Bordetella is an annual oral vaccine
Can the dogs go outside at their own free will?
- No they cannot.
- For safety reasons we prefer to be in control of the doggy doors.
What if my dog is allergic to vaccinations?
- then a signed letter from your veterinarian must be presented.
Do you allow dogs that are on a raw food diet?
- For insurance reasons and the health and welfare of all the dogs we do not allow raw for feeding or raw bones at our facility.
- We suggest if you do not wish to change the feeding habits of your dog to simply cook the food prior to his/her stay with us.
- We have fridges, microwaves and freezers on site to store and reheat food if necessary.
How often is my dog let outside?
- Do are let out at least every 2 hours during the day. How long they are outside depends on the weather and conditions.
What if my dog does not like the other dogs?
- We have special suites with private outdoor kennels so they do no have to be with other dogs.
Do they have nap times?
- They have two specific naptimes/quiet times in the morning and one in the afternoon.
My dog does not like small dogs or large dogs?
- We do not mix little or large breed animals unless owner permission is given.
- ie: Some small dogs do not like other small dogs, but prefer larger breed dogs
- Owners request if we can help socialize their dogs with small or large breed dogs. These dogs are socialized in a controlled environment with staff dogs.
Does my dog get to play with other dogs?
- This is a social facility. We try to find your dog a friend to go for walks in our private park or play in the arena.
- We try no to have more than 3 three dogs at a time playing in the play areas.
- All dogs that go for play time in the park are socialized with the other dogs prior to their walk or playtime together.
- This is always done under supervision
Can we bring bedding, dishes and toys for our dogs?
- Yes you can, but we prefer you didn’t. Sometimes the dogs will take their toys outside with them and could be destroyed by other dogs.
- It is easier for us if we use our own dishes that are sanitized in our dishwasher everyday.
- Bedding is provided and likewise is sanitized after usage.
- We have toys for the dogs to play with and they are sanitized after each use.
What if my dog gets sick while we are away?
- We have very good veterinarians in both Winkler and Morden with emergency are available.
- Every effort is taken to contact owners as soon as possible.
- If it an emergency dogs will be taken to the clinic immediately.